Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Gender Genie

The Gender Genie is a web page that analyzes a piece of text and scores it according to the number of "feminine" and "masculine" words that are within it.

So I ran my two most recent substantive blog posts through it.

Our Dangerous Western Sensibilities Result: Male. (Female Score: 903, Male Score: 1707) Fair enough.

Next up:

Why Leaving Iraq will be Good Result: Female. (Female Score: 593, Male Score: 534) What I find odd about this is that the Gender Genie did not assign a value to the words "rad" and "Hitlerhhoids". Apparently, those terms are gender neutral.

A woman who were ever to say to me, "I have a scorching-rad case of Hitlerhhoids!" might convince me to bat for the other team, and that should explain the dubious veracity of the Gender Genie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home